My muddled, addled brain often needs to have some cleaning out. The best way is to put it into words and save it to a computer so that it can file things for me that are not really necessary and possibly detrimental to my health by leaving inside to fester. So that is what this blog is for. It is my therapy to help release myself from my worries and and frets. To unravel the chaos and revel in creating thought out of words that are otherwise irrelevant. You are more than welcome to unmuddle your mind along with me.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Only Alien on the Planet: My brief review


The Only Alien on the Planet sounds like it ought to be an intriguing story about some unknown creature all alone in a far away world. But it's NOT!

(I am not much of a book reviewer to date. I am pretty new at this. So bear with me.)

No, this alien is far more intriguing because it is the boy next door. Kristen Randle has done a marvelous job of telling the story of a boy who's been alienated by his peers and how the heroine unravels the truth behind his disturbing history.

I love how the characters develop and grow and how well she brings things together. This was an especially interesting story to me because I am rather drawn to people who are different from the norm in any way. Whether by their own choice or by birth or any other circumstances. It is a great book.

It doesn't hurt that I got to meet the author and talk with her about her books. She is a talented writer and a woman I admire. Below is a link to her website. She is doing a giveaway of a couple of her books that have been finally put to print after years of being available merely through the digital medium.

I admit, I am not good at actually giving a summary of a book, because I don't want to give anything away. So, if there is not a enough info for you here than go check it out on Goodreads or you can go to Kristen Randle's website and check it out here .


3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Ariel! You won in my giveaway. Come claim your prize! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book and when I first saw the title, I too thought it was some science fiction story. I'm glad I didn't put it back on the shelf! It was the first of Kristen's books that I read and I was pulled in and amazed as the story unfolded. I can see why schools have their students read her book!

    Good blog post and review! We need more books on the shelves like Kristen's.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi ariell! you won a prize on the great giveaway of awesome! please send me an email at cinderskella (at) aol (dot) com! thanks!

    ReplyDelete